Move over contouring, highlighting your face is the new way to show off your bone structure. Move away from muddy foundations and matte blushers to dewy, opalescent blushers and face illuminators to give your bone structure more depth. Play with light rather than the shadows. To get the look right you need to decide your skin tone. Those with fair skin can look for rose gold illuminators, while those with dusky complexion can go for gold or bronze. For subtly illuminated skin your can mix your illuminator with your base. For a more dramatic look apply over your base, and after you have applied your blush. Focus on the bridge of your nose, cheek bones, brow bones, and the cupid’s bow on your upper lip. Open up your eyes by illuminating the inner corners with a gold liner. Here are the face highlighters we like:
- Lakme Face Sheer in Desert Rose is the right highlighter for fair-skinned babes.
- Colorbar Touch & Blushe in Papparazzi Bronze to light up your warm-toned dusky skin
- Revlon Highlighting Palette in Peach Glow to get the perfectly highlighted skin.
- Chambor Luminous Loose Powder to give your skin an all over glow.
- Faces Ultime Pro Metaliglow, a gel-based illuminator to light up your skin.