Are you a person who is very driven or has a huge passion for music and the musical culture? Is listening to music your favorite pastime? And, are you someone, who cannot live without music? If you’ve answered yes, I’m pretty sure you are aware of the exuberant music festivals! The humongous crowd, loud music, festive lights, and colourful clothing, and not to forget the roaring festive spirit, you got it all! I often stumble upon some of the most unique makeup and fashion trends during these events. But, I’m not talking about just any music festival, I’m referring to TOMORROWLAND which starts TODAY!!
I absolutely love this music festival, just like how I love Coachella. But, I’m inspired by Tomorrowland in a different way! When I see these music festival trends, It challenges me to get out of my comfort zone and try something different especially with makeup. I often don’t wear a lot of makeup, rather I prefer not to. I avoid loud makeup, but I wouldn’t shy away from trying it, every once in a while. Just for fun, and just to get into the festive spirit. I’ve seen a lot of Tomorrowland inspired makeup looks on Pinterest, but all of them were, way too loud for my liking. So, I decided to create my own! I love vibrant colors, and I personally feel colors represent festivity. So, today’s makeup is my take on a music festival look. You can play around with just about anything, and create one of yours, but if you like my look, just follow along!
Makeup Products Used:
Get The Look:
- Start with a clean face. Wash and cleanse your face using your favorite cleanser.
- Pat dry using a soft cloth and apply a good moisturiser. You can skip this step if your primer is a 2-in-1 moisturiser.
- If not, use a face primer. This helps in achieving a smooth base when you use a foundation and keeps it even.
- Some people use a concealer before applying the foundation, and some use it after applying the foundation. I prefer doing the latter. I feel the results are better when you use the concealer after applying the foundation.
- So, apply foundation evenly either using a foundation brush or with the help of a beauty blender. Beauty blender gives a better coverage than a foundation brush.
- Once, your foundation is set, apply concealer underneath your eyes, and dab it using the beauty blender.
- Also, apply concealer on top of your eyelids. This helps in keeping the eyeshadow in place and doesn’t crease.
- Using an eyeshadow brush, take the blue eyeshadow from the palette, and apply it along the crease line. Blend it in an inward motion. Apply more, to achieve vibrancy.
- Use a liquid eyeliner, and create an even winged look, and apply a coat of mascara for fuller lashes.
- Since we are creating a music festival look, I’m going with bold eyes. So, I used a Kohl pencil to line my waterline and lower lashline and smudged it using a brush.
- Set your makeup using the makeup setting powder.
- Take a brush, dab in some highlighter, and apply it on the highest points of your face, forehead, nose, cupids bow of your lips and apples of your cheeks.
- I applied more onto my cheeks, just for some extra shimmer.
- For the lips, I mixed 2 shades of lilac lipsticks one from Maybelline and the other from Lotus Herbals to create a gradient effect.
- For embellishments, I used some stone bindis around my eyes, and at the cupid’s bow on my lips, to amp up the glam quotient.
To complete the look, I used some hair accessories. You can use a headband, glitter, metallic hair tattoos, use absolutely anything, you like! It’s a music festival, go wild, go crazy, and have fun!