Wearing the perfect red lipstick is a tricky thing. Wrong tone and you look washed out. Too glossy and you are a vamp. Bleeding into the lip creases and you are an old woman. But wearing a red lipstick is also so glamorous and goes with any attire you are wearing. So don’t shy away from this classic colour, here are few things and tricks you need to pull off your perfect red lips.
- Prep your lips by buffing out dry skin on your lips with a softening lip balm like Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm and a soft wash cloth.
- Dab on some foundation to set the base. It neutralises any discolouration on your lips. Try Lakme Perfecting Liquid foundation.
- Use a red lip liner like Faces Lip Contour in Red Hottie to line your lips. Keep within your natural lip line. Fill in the lips with the same shade.
- Now apply the red lipstick with Health & Glow Lip Brush with a steady hand. Focus on putting colour in the middle of your lips, and have precise line at the corners of your mouth.
- If your complexion is dusky then pick the creamy textured red like L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Pure Red Collection Star in Aishwarya Rai – the brown undertone in this lipstick perfectly offsets mid to darker skin tones.
- If you have a lighter or fairer complexion, then pick the velvety matte red like Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte in MAT 4.