It is that time of the year again when men around the world grow moustaches, all for a good cause. Yes, it is Movember again. The initiative, which started in Australia more than a decade ago as a means to raise awareness and funds to address men-specific issues such as testicular cancer, prostate cancer, suicide prevention, and mental health, has become a style craze over time. If you are planning to hop on the Movember bandwagon, here is our style guide to help you nail it:
Growing Your Moustache, the Movember way
The only rule for the Movember initiative is to start with a clean slate – kicking off the month of November with a clean-shaven face and then growing out the moustache for a duration of one month. Here is how you can grow a chic looking moustache in just 30 days:
- The initial days of attempt at Movember moustache can seem a bit like returning to your pre-pubescent years. Just hang in there and resist the urge to shave.
- Try beard oils such as Ustraa Beard Growth Oil, Ustraa Mooch & Beard Oil With Cedarwood & Wheat Germ and The Man Company Beard Oil Argan & Geranium. These can be great stimulants for healthy and speedy moustache growth.
- Eat foods rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E, as these help in strengthening and nourishing the hair follicles, which aids in moustache growth. If your moustache growth isn’t up to speed, you can even consider taking Biotin supplements, with a doctor’s approval, of course.
- Exfoliate your face with an effective face scrub like the Ustraa Face Scrub De-Tans & Exfoliate Like A Boss to create a healthy environment for hair growth.
- Drink plenty of fluids, as a well-hydrated body helps in hair growth.
- As your ‘stache begins to take shape, groom it well with a good wash like The Man Company Beard Wash Argan & Geranium and softener like Ustraa Beard Softener Woody.
Trending Styles for Your Movember Moustache
The Pointed Moustache
A little bushy in the middle and slick and pointed at the ends, this moustache is manly and elegant in every sense of the word.
The Soft Moustache
This is perfect for those who struggle with light hair growth. The soft moustache makes a statement without being too out there. If you have that chocolate boy face, this moustache should definitely be your go-to style.
The Chevron Moustache
Who doesn’t remember the Chevron moustache made popular by Tom Selleck’s Richard on Friends. Yes, the one Chandler was jealous of! If you really want to bring out the macho in you, this is the way to go.
The Trucker Moustache
Why hold back when trying something new! If you are feeling up to going all out with your Movember initiative, the trucker moustache should be your pick.
Happy Movembering, folks! We hope you grow a good one.
Image Credits: beardstyle.net, femalefirst, Pintrest, askmenindia