There is a reason why the nude makeup look remains right at the top of makeup classics – it brings out the best in everyone, irrespective of face structure, skin tone and type. While bold looks with smokey eyes and red lips are great for certain occasions, it’s the bare, no-makeup look that perfectly complements any day, outfit, mood and setting.
Perhaps, that’s why it’s become a go-to trend that celebrities, makeup artists and influencers are obsessed with. Just open your Instagram and see! Of course, when you see celebrities sporting gorgeous, dewy, flawless nude makeup looks, you may credit a skilled team of makeup artists for it.
While that’s true, recreating these looks even with amateur makeup skills is no rocket science. With the right products and some pro-tips, you can build your own fabulous nude makeup looks. We tell you how:
Hydrate The Skin
Since you will be using a limited selection of products, it is imperative that your skin looks its healthiest best for the nude makeup look to truly shine through. For that reason, it’s imperative to focus on the CTM (clean, tone, moisturize) routine.
Here is how to get it right for different skin types:
- Normal to Dry Skin: Clean the face using the Jovees Citrus Cleansing Milk, apply the Plum Chamomile & White Tea Calming Antioxidant Toner to tighten up the pores, and then, moisturize with the Cetaphil DAM Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion.
- Combination to Oily Skin: Clean the face with Dermafique Acne Avert Cleansing Mousse and follow it up with Plum E-Luminence Toning Water, and then, wrap up the process with a hit of moisturization using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel.
Pro Tip: Give your skin time to absorb the benefits of each step by separating the process with at least a 2-minute gap between them.
Prime It Up
Primer before the foundation is makeup 101. This step becomes non-negotiable when you’re working on a nude look for a more polished, smooth and even appearance. If you don’t already have a go-to primer, here are some options you can explore depending on your skin type:
- Normal: L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
- Dry Skin: Maybelline New York Master Prime Redness Control Primer (particularly effective in covering the flakiness and redness associated with dry skin)
- Oily: Iba Halal Care Photo Perfect HD Face Primer (works well in subduing the oil sheen)
- Combination: The Iba Halal primer also works well on combination skin type, serving the dual purpose of covering the oily sheen on the T-zone and the coarse appearance of the dry areas.
Conceal The Flaws
Blemishes, dark circles, crow’s feet, and fine lines can be the nemesis of a bare makeup look. That’s why the concealer is an important part of the process. Here are a few choices you can consider:
- Normal: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Concealer
- Dry Skin: L’Oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer
- Oily: Colorbar USA Flawless Fullcover Concealer
- Combination: Chambor Orosa Flawless Finish Concealer
Pro Tip: Overusing the concealer can augment your skin flaws rather than hide them, so moderation is key. Also, factor in your skin tone and most glaring concerns to find the perfect product.
Lay the Foundation of Your Nude Makeup Look
The foundation is without a doubt the most important element of the nude makeup look. So, make sure you choose wisely. Ideally, you’d want something with a dewy finish, full coverage in a shade that perfectly aligns with your skin tone.
Your skin type also has a bearing on the effectiveness of the foundation. Here is our pick of the best available options for different skin needs:
- Normal: Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte With Poreless Foundation for a flawless finish
- Dry: Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Serum Foundation for that extra dose of hydration
- Oily: Maybelline New York Fit Me Powder Foundation to rein in that greasy look
- Combination: SUGAR Drop The Base Serum Foundation is neither too oily nor dry. This serum-based foundation is just what your combination skin needs to shine
4 Different Nude Looks To Try
With these four steps, your skin is ready to sport some flawless nude looks. You can play around with different shades and styles to accentuate different parts of your face. Here are 4 much in-vogue nude looks for inspiration:
Brown Eyeliner With Coral Nude Lips
This neutral look is perfect for enhancing your features without relying on bold, over-the-top colours. Ditch the usual black eyeliner in favour of a more subtle brown shade such as SUGAR Born To Wing Gel Eyeliner. You can keep it thin or go for a bold, winged look, depending on your preference. Round it off with a lustrous hint of Revlon Kiss Me Super Lustrous Lipstick Coral or a softer MyGlamm Pose Lipstick Muted Coral on the lips.
You can create the perfect flushed look with a peach eyeshadow and lipstick, with a hint of rose blush on the cheek to complete the effect. To create this look you need, the peach from the MyGlamm Pose Lipstick Peach Pink and Lakme Face Sheer Blusher Desert Rose.
If you’re using this look for an evening event, a hint of highlighter can add the right about of dazzle to your appearance.
Looking for a go-to look for your day-to-day makeup routine? Be it work or a lunch with friends, this no makeup radiant look with groomed brows, shimmery cheeks and a hint of pink on the lips is always spot on!
This look is all about making your eyes stand out but without going to town with eyeshadows, mascara, eyeliner, kajal and the like. For this look, you simply need to first focus on grooming your brows well enough that no even a single hair looks out of place. The L’Oreal Paris Brow Artist Xpert Ebony is just what you need to achieve this. Then, use clear mascara and an eyelash curler to add more definition and volume to your lashes. If you like, you can round it off with a hint of kajal on the lower lash as well as the inner side of the upper lash line. You’d need a smudge-proof, non-transferable kajal like the Swiss Beauty Bold & Black Kajal for this. A hint of glossy pink on the lips using Lakme Absolute Plump & Shine Lip Gloss will truly bring this look together.
Creating a nude makeup look does take some work and effort. As long as you go through each step diligently, the results can be stunning.