I am a frequent traveller, and travelling can be stressful. The whole process of packing and unpacking can be tormenting. But, that doesn’t bother me anymore. What really bothers me is picking the outfit, and packing all the necessary makeup products for that perfect look, for a picturesque location. More often than not, I tend to forget makeup products and it’s disappointing. Getting ready for a special occasion or big event can be daunting as it is, and without the essentials, it gets harder.
So this time, when we were in the process of planning our vacation to Greece, I knew what I had to pack. I decided to travel light, and create makeup looks using 4-5 products. It might seem, improbable, but let me tell you, it’s not. Also, I’m really lazy, and I don’t like spending a lot of time in front of the mirror. So, I came up with an idea to use products that can be used for multi-purpose to create lovely looks! The products I’ve used for this look is a Lip balm, BB Cream, Mascara, Eyeliner, and Highlighter/Blush combo. You can create this look under 30 minutes or less, and it’s beginner friendly.
Maybelline Clearglow Bb Cream 3 Natural: Choose the color based on your skin tone, I chose natural. Since it is a skin perfecting cream; it acts as a primer, concealer, foundation, and a good moisturiser. It contains SPF 21, so it acts as a sunscreen, as well. It is extremely light on your skin, and doesn’t look like you’ve makeup on which is an added advantage!
Lakme Absolute Shine Line Eye Eyeliner: Hands down, by far the best liner I’ve ever used. If you’re a beginner, and you’re trying to master the art of creating a wing liner, I highly recommend this. It stays longer and glides across the eye in just one stroke. Perfect for those sunny days.
Lakmé Absolute Shimmer Brick, Coral: This is like the Holy Grail of makeup. I absolutely love this product. You can use this product as an Eyeshadow, Blush, Highlighter/Bronzer. It’s like a 3-in-1 product, and this is all you need.
L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara: I love the bristles on this mascara; it helps for an easy application. It doesn’t make your eyelashes stick together so, it makes your lashes look fuller. Also, it is waterproof!
Get the look:
- Apply the BB cream evenly on your face either using a makeup brush or using a beauty blender. Since the BB cream contains moisturising ingredients, you don’t have to moisturise before applying.
- Use the Lakme shimmer brick as an eyeshadow and fill in using a crease brush. It adds the perfect shimmer to your lids.
- Use the precision eyeliner to draw on your eyelids, and create a winged eyeliner.
- Apply the volumising mascara on both, upper and lower lashes to make your lashes look fuller.
- As I mentioned earlier, the Lakme Shimmer brick in Coral can be used as a blush, and highlighter, as well. So, use this to highlight your highest points (forehead, nose, below your brows, and chin) on your face, and apply the pink shade as a blush onto the apples of your cheek in an outward motion.
Tip: You can also use the mascara to tame those baby hairs. Dab off the excess mascara, and just run the mascara brush to keep your baby hair in place. You can also, use hairspray to do so.