Valentine’s Day is almost here, and that means it is time to paint the town red in celebration of love. As you go about picking the perfect dress, perfect gift and perfect venue for your Valentine’s Day date, it is important to spare a thought to your makeup as well. After all, you wouldn’t want those impeccably contoured layers on your face to melt down should the date end on a hot and steamy note. Like always, we’ve got you covered with these two fool-proof Valentine’s Day looks that will fit in any kind of date plan:
Rock The Red
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to rock that red lipstick in your closet. This Valentine’s Day look with bold red lips and nude makeup is perfect for a daytime movie outing as well as a romantic dinner:
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face using your regular products before getting started on the makeup.
- Then prep your skin using a tinted yet light primer like the MyGlamm Tinted Perfection Base Primer & Pore Minimiser and a good coverage foundation like the Lakme Absolute Skin Natural Hydrating Mousse.
- Apply concealer to even out the under eye region and cover up any skin irregularities.
- Give these layers about five minutes to settle on your skin and then highlight your cheekbones using the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette Medium and use a gold-tinged liquid highlighter like Makeup Revolution London Liquid Highlighter Luminous Gold on the nose bridge and jawline.
- For the eyes, use waterproof mascara on your lashes and glossy eyeliner for that perfect winged effect. Work the eyelids with a nude eyeshadow like BeYu Color Biggie Long Lasting Eyeshadow Matt Mud.
- Jazz up your lips with a scintillating red like Makeup Revolution London Rose Gold Lipstick Red Carpet, and you are ready to rock your Valentine’s date.
Shop The Look Here:
Shimmer It Up
If you are not a fan of ‘red for Valentine’s’ cliché, you can go the glitter way to spruce up your appearance:
- Repeat steps 1-3 from ‘Rock the Red’ makeup guide.
- Accentuate your cheekbone with a hint of soft pink with a little shimmer using the Palladio Baked Blush Rosey and L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette Medium on the nose bridge.
- Use the Maybelline New York Volum’ Express Hypercurl Mascara on the lashes and then apply a thick layer of eyeliner with a clean stroke pointed toward the end. Basically, aim for a more straightened out version of the winger liner.
- Work with the Makeup Revolution London Redemption Eyeshadow Palette Iconic 2 to create vertical layers of smokey, purple and shimmery pink on the eyelids and gently blend them together for a homogenous effect.
- Apply the MyGlamm Colour Fusion 2-In-1 Plumping Lipstick for the seductive plumped lips appeal in soft pink. Et, Voila!
Shop The Look Here:
Which of these two Valentine’s Day looks struck a chord with you? Let us know by leaving a comment.