The key to looking amazing this festive season is highlighting your peepers.
Eyeshadows are the perfect for achieving that look – you can play it up with metallics, go sexy with a smoky eye or keep subtle with bronze or gold. Forget purchasing multiple little pots, the trick is to get one palette that fulfills all your look ideas. If you’re looking to expand your makeup kit, scroll down to discover the perfect shadow kit for you!
With the wedding season in full swing, you would need something that would help complement all your blingy lehengas. Our Indian skin tones can pull off jewel tones with aplomb. Pick a pigmented, shimmery eyeshadow that you can play around with.
- First up, apply the lightest shade from your lash line to your crease line.
- Taking a shade that’s slightly warmer like a bronze, apply on the socket and blend.
- Add some gold to the center of your eyelid to make it pop.
- Using the darkest shade of brown or green to create a line from your crease line and your lash line in an upward direction and blend into the lid.
The smoky eye is often considered a classic – it can make you look like a sultry siren or a rockstar. Whatever it may be, a smoky eyeshadow palette is a must in your vanity kit. Wondering how to apply? We break it down for you:
- With an eyeshadow brush, apply a shade that’s lighter than the one you’re going to apply from your lash line all the way to your crease.
- Next up, apply the dark colour and blend using a blending brush. You want that smudgy, blended effect else it will look too harsh.
- The lightest shade in your quad is your highlight; apply that to your brow bone and blend.
- Top with heaps of mascara.
If you’re looking for a palette that can take you from day to night, this is the shade card for you. In the day, stick to lighter hues and blend in a medium brown to add depth. For the night, simply layer on the darker browns on the outer edge of your eye. Highlight with a metallic silvery shade on the inner corner and you’re ready to party!
Top Pick: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette