I am a DIY enthusiast, and I have always been fascinated by the idea of making your own products. Well, I try to make things that are within my reach, there is always a hack or an alternative to most things. I usually search these hacks or DIY products on Pinterest and give them a try. There are a lot of beauty/makeup hacks out there, but my personal one is a DIY makeup remover pad.
Honestly, anyone, who loves makeup, can attest to the convenience of these wipes/pads! Did you know it’s super easy to actually make your own makeup remover pads? Oh yes! I found an easy recipe to one, and the best part is that it takes just 5 minutes to make! You can use household ingredients to make these fabulous wipes, and they also have a pretty good shelf life! So, let’s begin!
Mason jar or a Seal-tight container
Distilled water – ¾ cup
Baby shampoo or Head-to-toe baby wash – 1 tbsp
Baby oil – ¼ tsp
Hydrating floral water (Rose/Jasmine) – ¼ tsp
Round cotton pads
Spatula or a popsicle stick
- Gather your ingredients, and measure in ¾ cup of distilled water into a mason jar or any seal-tight container of your choice.
- Add 1 tbsp of baby shampoo or a head to toe baby wash. I used the head to toe baby wash here. Honestly, it works exactly the same, and it is subtle on the skin. You can also use a gentle face wash as a substitute too.
- Add ¼ tsp of baby oil to this mixture, and give it a good mix. Baby oil helps in easy removal of the makeup. You can also use coconut oil as a substitute.
- Add ¼ tsp of hydrating floral water, I used jasmine water. I’ve seen some recipes, where essential oils are used. And, if you do use, I recommend tea tree oil. It works just as good as rose or jasmine water and has a refreshing effect on the skin.
- Stir this mixture, and dip in the cotton pads, until they’re completely soaked.
- Well, that’s pretty much it! Keep them sealed, and store it in a cool place!
I’m super impressed with these wipes, love the fact that makeup comes off so easily! Even the stubborn red lipstick!! Make it in small batches, as it is super easy to make! You can totally customise these according to your skin type. Face wash of your choice + Coconut oil/Olive oil/Baby oil + Essential oil of your choice + Water = DIY Makeup Remover Pads!!
Shop The Article Below