The who ’s who of the entertainment industry are descending the French Riviera, and Indian beauties are turning heads with their stunning red carpet appearances. Cannes veteran Aishwarya Rai, fashionista Sonam Kapoor and panache queen Deepika Padukone have been in the spotlight for slaying one red carpet look after the other. We decode their best 2018 Cannes look and give you a cheat sheet on how to nail them.
Deepika’s Go-Bold Ensemble
Deepika’s red carpet look in the fuchsia Ashi Studio gown will go down in Cannes history as one of the most memorable and iconic looks of all time. And that certainly happens to be our favourite too! With yards of pink tulle creating the impression of wings, the dress was all about the drama. The star completed the look with dewy skin, nude lips and a dramatic rose-tint smoky eye. How can we forget the textured top knot, we think it looked just fab!
Get the look:
- Prep your face with the L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation and top it with a hint of theTrue Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator around the cheekbones for that highlighted, dewy look
- To nail the dramatic eye makeup, use the pink end of the Le Stylo Smoky Metallic Eyeshadow, Almond Pink and add it to the inner corners. of your eyes. Then, carefully work your way up to the eyelids, switching to the darker end of the eyeshadow pencil as you approach the lash line. Remember, blending is key! Using the Infallible Paints Liquid Eye Liner, draw a strong winged eyeliner. Separate the lashes and add more volume to them by using the Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara. For that smudged smoky look under the eyes, apply a thick layer of the L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique and blend it using a smudger brush.
- For the lips, pick a nude shade that doesn’t wash you out. We suggest the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Lip Paint in Hollywood Beige
Aishwarya’s Bold In Blue Look
Aishwarya Rai has never failed to surprise us. For her maiden appearance this year, the actor chose a spectacularly colourful peacock patterned gown by Michael Cinco. While her hair and base were simple, the funky eyeliner and the red lips did all the talking for her.
Get the look:
- To achieve that flawless natural-looking base, use the L’Oreal Infallible Foundation in your shade. Get those killer cheekbones and chiselled jawline by using the Infallible Pro Contour & Highlight Palette
- To recreate the eyes, blend the browns and golds from the Color Riche La Palette Nude 02 Beige into the contours of your eye sockets and don a sleek winged eyeliner using the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Paints Liquid Eye Liner. Jazz up those lashes with the Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara and complete the look by adding tiny blue rhinestones or chunky glitter pieces
- Round off the look by applying her own lipstick from the L’Oreal Paris Star Collection and you are all set to turn heads!
Sonam’s Post Wedding Glow
Fresh out of her wedding festivities, Sonam Kapoor aced her Cannes appearance with a fusion ensemble. The champagne-coloured tulle lehenga, a crop top, and a side cape had an unmistakable ethereal charm to it. While she kept her makeup fairly neutral, it was her hairstyle that stole the show.
Get the look:
- To recreate this soft look, begin with an easily blendable foundation like the L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation and highlight your face using the True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator Prime & Highlight
- Work the eyes with the Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara and add a thicker than usual layer of the L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique onto the lower lash line and softly smudge it outwards. Finish it off with a slight – almost obscure layer of a nude brown on the eyelids. We recommend the Infallible Paints Eye Shadow in Brown Sugar
- The L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Gold Obsession Lipstick By Sonam Rose Gold is an ideal find to recreate the soft pink lips