Stepped into your 40s? The fine lines that showed up around your eyes and lips only when you smiled don’t fade away that easily now. Combined with all that, your skin is now drier than usual. Blame it on the dipping estrogen levels, increasing hormonal problems, and approaching menopause. Your skin during this decade needs a lot more pampering than it did in its 20s and 30sto stay youthful and glowing. Here’s how you can take good care of your skin in your 40s.
- Cleanse your skin well morning and night without fail. Use a gentle, nondrying product like Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser that does not strip your skin of its natural oils. In case you are troubled by breakouts, try a cleanser with salicylic acid such as Kaya Purifying Cleanser. Micellar water is also a good substitute to your regular cleansers. Check out Maybelline Micellar Water or Vichy Purete Thermale Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution.
- Moisturise your skin well. Choose a product that is high on glycerine or hyaluronic acid like Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, to combat dryness.
- Step up your anti-ageing care. Dermatologists would tell you that creams and serums rich in retinol’s and peptides are what you need. They increase cell turnover and give you brighter and plumper skin. L’Oreal Skin Perfect 40 Plus Day Cream is a good choice in this regard.
- Stick to sun protection religiously. Your skin is more prone to damage from sun exposure, so you definitely want the help of a product that protects you from broad spectrum UV rays. Products that are rich in antioxidants help fight free radicals and reverse the damage that has already been done. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ Dry Touch Gel Crème comes with both these benefits.
- Under eye circles could be yet another concern. The super delicate skin around your eyes show signs of aging more readily than anywhere around the face. Opt for a product such as Biotique Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream to help you combat these concerns.
- Add a facial pack or masks like Biotique Bio Mud Youthful Firming And Revitalising Face Pack to your skin care routine. Use it once or twice every week. This will help exfoliate your skin, remove dead skin cells, and keep your skin soft and bright.
As you invest in skin care products, do not also forget to eat a healthy diet, drink plenty of fluids, and of course, get enough sleep! After all, a good rejuvenation program always begins and ends well with sound sleep.