We at Health & Glow believe you need to stay updated with all the latest beauty trends across the globe. And we bring you one directly from the United States! Our US based beauty & fashion blogger, Supritha Shreyas takes us through this unique beauty offering.
I’ve been in a Love-Hate relationship with my hair for as long as I can remember, and the reason? Extremely dry, thick, curly and not to forget, frizzy mess! Yes, that was the state of my hair! I have long hair, almost to my lower back. And, I found it so hard to manage it, and what got worse was that I couldn’t style it.
I dealt with this for a long time and decided to take matters into my own hands. My only solution? Mission straightening!! I was not sure, I was worried about hair fall and its maintenance. I had a million thoughts running through my mind: Should I deal with this mess, just stay natural or subject my hair through a heap loads of chemicals, and look presentable? Well, you guessed it! I chose the latter! After all, I just wanted to have good hair days! So finally, I had long luscious locks, and I felt like a supermodel! It was a dream come true.
I started spending a lot on expensive hair care products, just to keep my hair healthy, and nice. I’ve put my hair through a lot in these past few years. From chemical straightening, hair coloring, to straightening them almost every day. Knowingly or unknowingly, I was ruining my hair. Products that could make my dry ends smooth, and lush, made my scalp even drier. I would get my hands on every hair care product, as soon as, it hit the stores. I am always on the look out for a good hair care product, but how do you know it’s good? That’s when I stumbled upon this unique service, where your hair care product is customised for you! Yes, yes, you read that right – it’s customised!
It took years of world-class scientific research along with two MIT-educated engineers to leverage technology, develop proprietary algorithms, and analyze data to create products that are revolutionising the beauty space. It is based on the theory that no two hair type is exactly the same, so no shampoo and conditioners are either. Function – of beauty offers high-quality Paraben-free, Sulphate-free, Toxin-free, and Cruelty-free shampoo and conditioners. That peaked my interest, and I was intrigued to try it. So, here’s how it works:
1. First, you need to create an account, and build your hair profile, and take a hair quiz
2. The hair quiz includes answering questions about your Hair type, Hair structure, Scalp moisture, and Hair goals
3. You can select up to 5 from a range of hair goals like, ‘shine’, ‘replenish hair’, ‘volume’, ‘fix split ends’, ‘colour protection’, ‘anti-frizz’ and ‘oil control’
4. And now comes the fun part, you can customise the colour of your shampoo and conditioner. You can also opt in to go dye free. Then, all you have to do is select the fragrance and its strength. They offer a range of fragrance infused with essential oils.
5. Finally, you get to name your bottle, just like I did! Pick the size of your products, and you’re all set! My hair looks so much better and healthier than it used to be!
Function – of beauty lets you create your own shampoo and conditioners that meet your hair issues. They let you create your own unique product & also let you put your name on the bottle. Oh! How we wish this service was available in India.