There’s some preparatory work needed before you can flaunt the two-piece in honour of its creation. And, here are some products that will give you the bikini line of your dreams.
Gillette Venus Women’s Razor
Shaving is the most basic means to get rid of hair from down there. It’s also a pocket-friendly option. This bikini razor is designed with a flexible pivoting head to glide over your curves with ease, avoiding any cuts or nicks. Plus, it contains strips with aloe vera extracts to help soothe your skin during hair removal.
Remove Brazilian Bikini Hard Wax
Need a super-smooth, stub-free bikini line? The Brazilian hard bikini wax is what you should use. This easy-to-use wax cools on contact with the skin and can be pulled off like a waxing strip, without actually needing one. What’s more, the pack contains pre-depilatory wipes that minimise the discomfort and irritation associated with waxing. Also, post-wax wipes that clean up leftover wax with ease. You’ll also love the long-lasting results.
Syska SensoSafe Bikini Trimmer
Waxing is nothing short of a nightmare for those ‘blessed’ with thick hair. But, thanks to trimmers, hair removal from the bikini line can be a breeze. This bikini trimmer effectively removes unwanted hair without hurting your skin. Plus, it’s designed for hard-to-reach areas, making the trimmer convenient for use around your bikini line. The trimmer head is washable, comes with combs of three different lengths, and has a protective cap to ensure a long life.
Philips Satinelle Advanced Epilator
Is your hair just sprouting back after the previous shave? Worry not, because there are epilators to the rescue. This epilator by Philips gently removes hair at the roots, as short as 0.5mm, leaving your bikini line hair-free for up to 4 weeks. The epilator also includes a sensitive area cap for fuss-free hair removal from down there.
Quick tips to prevent ingrown hair
Ingrown hair is a concern not just on your arms or legs, but around your bikini line too. Here’s what you need to do, to keep it at bay.
- Use a good quality razor with sharp blades and soothing strips. The more the number of blades, the easier the shave will be.
- Before shaving, trimming, or epilation, prep your skin in a warm bath or shower. This helps soften the skin surface and makes hair removal easier.
- Keep your depilation devices clean. Remove trapped hair after every use and sterilise in warm water or using rubbing alcohol. Store in a dry place.
- Shave/trim in the direction of hair growth to avoid irritation. Gently glide downward, with just enough pressure to get the job done. Pressing hard or shaving in a haphazard manner can leave you with nicks, cuts, and ultimately, infections.
- Hold a cold compress over the area to soothe the skin after hair removal.