Ever find yourself scrolling through Instagram to pause at a pretty eye-catching hair updo & imagined if you could try them at home? Well, let’s make that reality already!
Now that you have plenty of free time, a little at-home activity like this will help you get through the quarantine with your sanity intact. So set aside your weekends to try new hairstyles and looks. Put on a killer beat & master your skills, so that you can come out of the quarantine like a hairstyle expert!
Ever wanted princess-like hair? Well, this twist-back hairstyle will do the trick. The best part is it only takes a few minutes to do! You can style this with wavy or curly hair.
- Divide your hair on the right and take a one-inch hair segment over your part.
- Break the portion in two and twist it around.
- Add a section of hair from your hairline to one section and twist that back over the other section.
- Keep inserting your hair and pulling the two pieces together until you hit the top of your ear. Then loop the knot around the back of your ear.
- Combine the twist with a section of hair from the left at the back of your head.
The Waterfall Braid:
So what dates are cancelled, going out is cancelled? You can always get ready to go to your balcony or meet your date online. Try this waterfall braid and we promise you won’t regret it!
- Take a small section of hair at the front and do one stitch of a regular braid.
- When crossing over from the top, take another piece of hair the same size to replace the first piece (drop the first piece).
- Then cross the bottom piece over and add a small bit of hair from underneath,.
- When you’ve done a few stitches, tug on the hair underneath to give it more volume.
- Finish it off with a regular braid.
- Lift the dropped pieces up and either tie the braid under with a tiny elastic or use a couple of hair grips.
- Put the hair down and very lightly brush over it to make the length of the hair neater.
The Fishtail Braid:
The fishtail braid is a classic braid, which can be customized to your style in so many ways. When you’ve perfected the fishtail braid, you can play with different combinations like the French fishtail braid, the chunky fishtail braid, the double fishtail braid, and much more!
- Start with clean, freshly washed and dried hair. Brush through and create a neat side parting. Bring all of your hair over to your preferred side. Then, split your hair into two equal sections
- Take a small section of hair from the back of the left-hand section, and pull it over the top to join the right-hand section of your hair.
- Then, take a small section of hair from the back of the right-hand section, and pull it over the top to join the left-hand section of your hair.
- This will create the start of your fishtail braid.
- Keep on repeating steps three and four until you have braided your hair right down to the bottom. Then, secure your fishtail braid with a hair elastic.
- If you want to leave your plait looking polished and neat, then you can spritz some hairspray over your hair to set it in place.
Agreed, the situation may look grim. But that is exactly why we need to use some pick-me-ups from time to time. Try them, click a pic, and post on your Instagram feed tagging us if you wanna get featured on our social media page. Until then, #StayHomeSlayCorona!
Image source: https://unsplash.com/photos/uiLS-yjX_yA