Lips, hands & feet – the three most-used limbs of your body (of course, up until 2020, and the title went straight to our ears!) are also the three most neglected parts of your body. Just take a look around your dressing table, your bathroom cabinet or your travel kitty, and you will know. Even the most enthusiastic one out there forgets to invest on a good lip balm, hand cream or on a foot cream while these are the body parts that take the most wear and tear. Result? Dry and chapped lips, premature hands and cracked heels. So that you don’t make the same mistake one more time this winter, we have handpicked 15 best products that will take care of your lips, hands & feet. But, first some knowledge sharing.
Why Do We Get Flaky Lips: Lips are completely exposed to the environment and therefore, are vulnerable if not properly taken care of. We talk, eat, lick, bite, smile, put lipstick on, blow kisses or raspberries, and our lips are constantly at work. However, they have fewer oil glands compared to our skin. Hence, during winter they tend to get dry, flaky and tight resulting in irritation, constant impulses of licking them to hydrate, even bleeding in severe cases.
How Not To Get Chapped Lips:
- Rule of thumb, drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. This is not only good for your lips, but also for your entire health.
- Exfoliate your lips. Yes, a before-bed massaging gently with either a DIY lip scrub or a product from a drugstore will get rid of the dead scales resulting in better absorption of your lip care products.
- Use a humidifier while sleeping so that you can get some extra dosage of hydration.
- Invest in good lip balms. Look for lip balms with sun protection and or lip balms that are enriched with hydrating ingredients such as shea butter, cocoa butter, castor seed oil, beeswax and so on and so forth.
Your hands need maximum care, now more than ever. In any way, hands age faster because of their constant use. From morning chores to post-dinner dishes, from typing out a blog to applying body moisturisers, is there even a task that the pair is not involved in?! Having less sebaceous glands doesn’t help either. Add the constant washing and sanitisation these days and you will have the perfect recipe for a pair of dry, itchy hands devoid of good bacteria, moisture and softness.
How Not To Get Dry, Itchy Hands:
- You can start by deleting the thought that a body moisturiser or lotion is enough for your hands too because it is just not. The skin of your hands is thicker compared to your body and therefore, they require specific care.
- Build good hygiene habits. Always carry a hand cream too along with your sanitiser.
- Scrub away dead skin every now and then and follow up with moisturising. Did you know you can indulge in some awesome hand masks as well? And you can give these treats to your hands at home, yourself, with the ingredients you may find in your kitchen.
- Stock up on hand creams. From Vitamin C rich creams to the ones with the goodness of shea butter, from no nasties options to luxury ones, there is one for all of you.
Shop Hand Creams
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the importance of taking care of one’s feet. Similar to your lips and hands, your feet also fulfil their duty without letting you realise that running, walking or just standing on your two feet are all part of their work. And they take the entire body pressure while doing all this. That means, absolute vulnerability to skin damage, dryness, cracks and whatnot. To repair and heal your feet will require constant care.
How Not To Get Cracked Heels And Dry Feet:
- No need to get cold feet, because what we are suggesting, will fill you with warmth. Soak your feet in lukewarm water regularly. That way the dry outer layer of your skin will soften which is an important step for your foot care.
- Use a pumice stone to get rid of those soggy, dry skin around your heels and the base of your feet. Once you clean them with clear water, make sure to moisturise well.
- Make a habit of regular pedicures. You can depend on your favourite salon or you can try these home remedies that are equally useful.
- Last but not the least, make foot creams part of your skin care routine. Foot creams are rich with hydrating ingredients and healing formulas. If you are not sure where to start with or what to pick, check out our handpicked list here.
Shop Foot Cream & Foot Care Products
Now that you have a fair bit of idea why you should take care of your lips, hands & feet, it’s time to deep dive and explore what suits you. Make sure to pamper your most-used and most-vulnerable body parts. Trust us, you’ll only feel good about it.